This post was most recently updated on December 4th, 2019
Are you looking for the best chimney for the kitchen in India? Then you are in the right place. In this article, we will share a list of best chimneys for the Indian kitchen, with their pros and cons, Best Kitchen chimney price in India, reviews and buyer’s guide. That will help you in making the decision of buying a good fit chimney among the best chimney brands India.
The kitchen is the most sensitive part of our house. It should be kept clean, smoke and oil-free for hygiene. Unfortunately, the average cleanliness is a rating of Indian kitchens is very low as compare to that of other countries. This is because in India the majority of households don’t use chimneys in the kitchen.
List of top 10 best chimneys for Indian kitchen
Here are some of the best chimneys for Indian Kitchens with detailed descriptions and their Pros and cons. We have listed here the top 10 best chimneys for Indian kitchen based upon their best specifications, popularity, and customer reviews. Click on check Price in Check price coulomn of the table given below to the price of kitchen chimney in India.
|BEST KITCHEN CHIMNEYS||Power Suction||Noise Level||Amazon Rating||Check Price|
|1.Elica 90 cm 1200 m3/hr Auto Clean Chimney with Free Installation Kit||1200m3/hr||58 db||3.8/5||Price|
|2. Eurodomo 90 cm 1200 m3/h Auto-Clean Chimney||1200m3/hr||58 db||4.4/5||Price|
|3. Hindware 90cm 1200 m3/hr Auto Clean Chimney||1200m3/hr||57 db||4.2/5||Price|
|4.Hindware Nevio 90 AutoClean Chimney||1200m3/hr||58 db||4.1/5||Price|
|5.Seavy 60cm 1200 m3/hr Auto Clean Chimney with Free Installation Kit||1200m3/hr||58db||4.2/5||Price|
|6.Faber 90 cm 1200 m3/hr Heat Auto Clean Chimney||1200 m3/hr||58db||4.4/5||Price|
|7. Elica 60 cm 1200 m3/hr Auto Clean Chimney||1200 m3/hr||58db||4.0/5||Price|
|8. Hindware 60cm 1100 m3/hr Chimney||1100 m3/hr||58db||3.8/5||Price|
|9. Eurodomo 60 cm 1200 m3/h Auto-Clean Chimney||1200 m3/hr||58db||4.5/5||Price|
|10. Glen 60cm, 1000 m3/h Curved Glass Kitchen Chimney||1000 m3/hr||58db||4.1/5||Price|
Best Kitchen Chimney in India – Buyer’s Guide
We shared here the buyer guide of kitchen chimney to help you in selecting the best chimney for the kitchen in India.
Why do we need chimneys in Kitchen?
While cooking smoke and some small partials of oil fumes fly in the air and settle down on things present in the kitchen and floor. That feels unhygienic and dirty. We used to clean the floor and other things in kitchens but it comes back again.
To keep the kitchen clean and hygienic, we should use a chimney to kill the basic reason for kitchen dirt. It will throw out all the oil fumes and smoke and gives you a sparkling kitchen for a long time.
How to choose the best chimney for Indian Kitchen?
The best kitchen chimney is the one that absorbs smoke, oil fume, and spices fumes and throws out very efficiently. This efficiency of kitchen chimney depends upon the following factors: Types of chimney, Type of filters used, hood type, size, suction power, etc. In this section, we are discussing all these factors to help you to make the best choice.
Types of kitchen chimneys
Basically there are two types of chimneys 1.) Ducting Chimney, 2.) Ductless chimney. Working of these chimneys and their pros and cons are as follow:
Ducting chimneys – Pros and cons
The ducting chimney is also known as extracting chimneys. Ducting chimneys sucks in smoke, oil fumes, etc. from the kitchen and pass it through filters and then releases this air outside the kitchen through a pipe.
- Ducting chimney is highly efficient
- It exhausts smoke, dust, fumes in high amounts
- Best for commercial kitchens
- It creates noise but very high
- These chimneys required proper installation
Ductless chimneys – Pros and cons
Ductless chimneys are known as reducing chimneys. It has a motor and a fan or blower to absorb air and passes through charcoal filters, that absorb smoke, order, and heat and releases clean air into the kitchen.
- Versatile in nature
- The installation process is easy
- Auto on and off
Comparison – ducting chimney Vs ductless chimney
|Ducting Chimneys||Ductless Chimneys|
|More expensive||Less expense|
|Uses mesh and baffle filters||Uses charcoal filters|
|High suction power||Low suction power|
|Simple and easy to maintain||Needs to change the filters frequently|
|Highly efficient to use in the home||Not pretty good to use|
Types of filters used in the Kitchen chimney
Filter is the main component in chimney that filters oil particles, grime, and dust from the air. Basically filters used in chimneys are of 3 types.
- Mesh Filter
In these filters kitchen air absorbed passes through overlapped layers of aluminum mesh with very small pores. The oil and grime get caught in the pores and clean air is exhausted out. But the pores get abstracted soon so they need cleaning fortnightly.
2. Baffle Filter
Baffle filter is a flow control panel made of steel or aluminum that comes in multiple curve structures. It uses ‘cut and slash’ innovative mechanisms to filter dust, oil, and odor from the smoke. That is caught by the layers of steel or aluminum. They need to be cleaned once in 2-3 months.
3. Charcoal Filter
The charcoal filter is also known as carbon filters. The oil, heat and smoke particles are absorbed in the pores in the charcoal carbon. The charcoal filter is mostly used in ductless chimneys and these filters are not washable and you have to replace the filter in 6 months or as peruse in the kitchen.
Types of chimney Hood
Chimney hoods are mainly of 4 types.
- Wall Mounted Chimneys – fitted against wall and cooktop along with hob.
- Island Chimney – Fitted at the center of the room with hob.
- Corner Chimney – fitted in the kitchen corner along with hob.
Built-in Chimney – integrated inside the kitchen cabinets against the wall.
Size of Chimney
Mostly the kitchen chimneys in India come in two sizes, 60cm and 90cms.
60cm kitchen chimney – for gas stoves with less than 4 burners.
90cm Kitchen chimney – for gas stoves with more than 3 burners.
The suction power of the chimney
The size of chimney required for your kitchen is calculated by multiplying 10 times to the volume of your kitchen. This means if your kitchen volume is 50 cubic meter then you will require a minimum 50 X 10 = 500 cubic meter per hour.
The kitchen chimney in India comes with a suction power of 400 cubic meters to 1250 cubic meters per hour.
A chimney with the suction power of 800 to 1200 cubic meters per hour will be best for Indian kitchens.
Advance features in the Best Kitchen Chimnneys in India
Modern chimney comes with some advance features enabled in it like:
- Buzzer: when chimney requires cleaning or replacement it buzzes an alarm.
- Push Buttons: to control the speed of suction.
- LED Indicator: to notify if the chimney is not working properly.
- Detachable Oil Collector: For easy cleaning and increases the performance of filters in the chimney.
- Auto-Clean Function: It removes oil particles gathered on filter completely. During this cleaning, it stopped functioning until cleaning is completed.
- Auto-Heat Sensor: It automatically switches to on/off the chimney when overheated.
Factors you must keep in mind while buying Best Kitchen Chimnneys in India
- The first thing you should which chimney is better for you is the size selection of chimney. Know what size of kitchen chimney is perfect for you. This is quite simple to know. It actually depends upon the size of your cooktop (gas stove). If your cooktop has 3 burners or less, then a version of 60 cm is enough for you, and if your cooktop has more than 3 burners then look for a 90 cm version.
- The second thing that matters a lot is the suction power of chimney. For both 60 cm and 90 cm versions of kitchen chimney, the recommended suction power should be 1000 to 1200 cubic meters per hour.
- Also, know the sound produced by the chimney fan. The noise of chimney can irritate you so look for the chimney that produces very little noise. Now the chimneys come with a noise level of 58 dB.
- Make sure that the chimney you choose for your kitchen is easy to clean. Today the latest models of the best chimney for kitchen models come with auto cleaning options. These auto cleaning chimneys are a little expensive than others but cleaning is not a matter of worry with them. If you are a budget constraint, then make sure the chimney you choose is easy to clean.
Precautions to consider while using an electric chimney
To maintain the performance of the chimney you have to follow these precautions carefully:
- The distance between Stove and Hob should be from 25 inches to 30 inches.
- If the distance is less than 25 inches then possibilities of hob catching fire increase.
- If the distance is more than 30 inches then it will decrease the performance of the chimney.
- Proper voltage should be provided to the chimney
- Ensure the proper earthling of your house before you install chimney.
- Maintain a separate duct for smoke exhaustion
- Never leave the gas burners open as some chimneys are flammable that can cause damage to chimney, kitchen or house.
- Install the duct kitchen chimney.
- Good height of the kitchen chimney pipe is recommended to maintain the performance and productivity of chimney. Minimum 6 to 8 feet of height of the chimney pipe and duct is the best option.
After going through the kitchen chimney buyer’s guide it is clear that Ducting chimneys with a Baffle filter are the best option.
Considering your budget you can have another kitchen chimney also but keep the points listed above in mind and choose the best suited as per your requirement.
In this article, we give you the buyer guide for kitchen chimney and listed some best products as per popularity and reviews at this time. We will keep updating this list and any other information to make you able to choose the Best Kitchen Chimneys in India from the market.
If you have any queries, doubts, and suggestions regarding kitchen chimneys in India then list them in the comment section below. We will get back to you on that at the earliest.
You may also Like: Best Washing Machine in India (2020) – Review & Comparison